- Create Movies from Multiple Videos
- Free Movie Maker converts and burns DVD from a wide range of video formats, including camcorder videos (MTS, M2TS, M2T), HD videos (HD AVI, HD MPEG-2/4, HD VOB, HD WMV), and SD videos (AVI, 3GP, M4V, MPEG, MP4, RM, RMVB, FLV, DV, VOB, SWF, MPV, MOV, QT, H.264/AVC, DAT, ASF, WMV).
- • Supports virtually all popular video formats.
- • No quality loss conversion.
- Professional Movie Maker Freeware
- Free Movie Maker first converts videos to DVD-ready format before burning them into DVDs. It supports to burn multi-format movies on various types of DVD disc, such as DVD+/-R, DVD+/-RW, DVD-5, DVD-9, etc. The output DVDs are fully compatible with all popular DVD players, such as Sony DVP-SR200P/B, Magnavox DP170MW8B, Coby 224BLK Compact, to name a few.
- • The movie maker freeware supports various DVD discs.
- • Perfectly working with various DVD players.
- Clip Videos, Add Subtitles and Make Stylish Menu
- Free Movie Maker is a compact movie maker freeware which also rich in features.
- • Trim the extraneous parts of a family video and include only the best scenes.
- • Copy the subtitle files into folder “VIDEO_TS”, and put the same name as the VOB file. The movie maker will automatically load subtitles on the video.
- • Free Movie Maker also could create chapters and make menu for your home-made movies. It’s embedded with many of built-in stylish menu templates.
- • Adjust video and audio parameters like resolution, aspect ratio, TV system, zoom mode and so on.
Comparing Free Movie Maker to Windows Series:
|Windows Movie Maker||Windows DVD Maker||Free Movie Maker|
(.avi, .wmv, .asf, .mpg, mpeg )
|HD video (.mkv)|
(.m2ts, m2t, .mts)
|Mobile recorded video (.3gp, .mp4)|
|Flash video (.flv)|
Quick Time(.mov, .qt), Real Media (.rm, .rmvb), MPEG-4 (.mp4), etc.
(image, audio, text font, duration)
|Publish to video||
(.mpg before creating DVD structure/ .vob after)
|Burn to DVD|
|Burn to Blu-ray|
|Multi-core Processing||Speed setting|
|Operation system||Windows XP
Windows Server 2003/2007/2008
Clearly presented in the table, Free Movie Maker has broader support for video formats, as well as for operation system comparing to Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker. Besides, Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker each functions in a limited aspect (Windows Movie Maker major on editing and Windows DVD Maker solely for burning). At this point, Free Movie Maker acts as the collection of both two.
However, if you prefer Windows Movie Maker plus Windows DVD Maker, we would like to recommend you Free Video Converter. It addresses issues like: “How to put YouTube videos into Windows Movie Maker?” In other words, it could convert multi-format video to Windows Movie/DVD Maker supported formats (.avi/.wmv/.mpg), including YouTube videos (.flv), camcorder videos (.m2ts, .mts, m2t), MP4 Videos (.mp4), MKV videos (.mkv) and so on. With Free Video Converter, you will find Windows Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker even more enjoyful!